INNOVATION EYE CENTRE
An health social enterprise that offers high quality, affordable and accessible eye care services to the community in the South Western Region of Kenya.
- The 1st Eye Hospital in South Western Kenya
- In first 15 months of operations:
- More than 20,000 patients served
- 1,285 cataract surgeries performed
- 85 Community Outreach Programs (eye camps),
- 2,900 spectacles dispensed from corrective eye care shops
- Start up funding from Fiat Lux Foundation (300,000 USD), Hilton Foundation with Dana Centre and LAICO/Aravind Eye Care System (200,000 USD), Right to Sight Ireland/Norway (36,000 €), Brien Holden Vision Institute (43,000 €) and Eye Foundation (10.000 €).