Lejan Energy Ltd
A renewable energy company recycling biomass waste into biomass briquettes which are of high calorific value, economical, 100% eco-friendly for use by factories and large institutions reducing carbon emission and deforestation in Kenya.
- Created 15 direct job places and over 100 indirect job places
- Recycled over 5,000 Metric Tonnes of biomass waste in the environment
- Mitigated over 3,300 carbon emissions
- Over 93,500 trees saved from felling
- Named among the Top 15 most Promising Business Start-ups in Africa by Sankalp Africa Forum in 2018
- Named among the top 2 most innovative entrepreneur in promotion of renewable energy and fostering resilience, adaptation and biodiversity, by One Planet Summit, UN Environment, in 2019