A Kenyan-based health-tech company that uses mobile technology to help reduce maternal & child mortality and detects developmental abnormalities in early stages by sending mothers personalized messages timed at their child’s age or stage of pregnancy.
- 39,358 parents registered and over 1,500 community health volunteers involved;
- Scaled in 6 Kenyan counties;
- Developed important partnership with major companies such as Microsoft and Mlab;
- $100,000 funding from Safaricom & Streams Capital, $60,000 from investors such as Indigo Trust, Spark International and one angel investor in order to expand its operations in Kenya;
- Won 2nd place at Merck Accelerator in Nairobi in 2016, receiving $10,000;
- Named as one of the most innovative companies of 2016 by Fast Company and selected to represent Kenyan innovations in 2016’s GES attended by Barack Obama;
- Won a grant of CAD 100,000 at Grand Challenges Canada 2017.