Africa Collect Textiles
A social impact enterprise that collects used textiles and footwear for reuse and recycling, by installing collection points in shopping malls, restaurants, etc. for people to drop off their unwanted on used textiles. Materials like wool and acrylic are recycled into yarn and blankets. Jeans and other fabrics are cut into strips or pieces and processed into rugs and carpets, facemasks and shoes.
- The company reliefs the impact that the fashion industry has on our planet and reduces pollution caused by dumping and burning;
- Has created approximately 300 jobs along the value chain;
- Client base: 100 returning customers;
- Has received grants for 400,000€;
- Has 27 collection point spread out in Nairobi;
- Is exporting to the Netherlands.