Manuela Renewable Energy Ltd
The company offers a sustainable solution to energy by collecting agricultural waste and processing it into simple, affordable and high bulk density charcoal briquettes as an alternative energy source. It serves rural and peri-urban areas of Uganda
- Provided economic support and employment opportunities to over 500 rural and peri-urban communities particularly women and youths;
- Provided entrepreneurial skills to over 60 women’s groups in rural areas;
- Has a team of 5 employees;
- Has received 5,000$ seed grant from the Tony Elumelu Foundation;
- With his activities assures a reduction in carbon emissions (240 million tons of CO2 per year by charcoal) and an increase in savings on fuel costs by 50%.