Gorilla Conservation Camp – CTPH
A social enterprise of Conservation Through Public Health (CTPH), providing budget to mid-range accommodation in Buhoma, Bwindi Impenetrable National Park’s main tourist site. Proceeds go towards supporting CTPH’s gorilla health, community health and livelihoods and conservation education programs.
- Ashoka fellow for innovation and improvement of society’s systems;
- Hosts approx. 120 clients annually;
- Has a team of 7 employees;
- Counts 459 endangered mountain gorillas conserved (representing 43% of the global total);
- Winner of US$ 100.000 through St. Andrews Prize 2020 for significant contribution to the environmental issues and concerns with a focus on conservation and community development;
- Received the World Veterinary Day 2020 Award;
- Received the Sierra Club Earth Care Award 2018.