INNOVATION EYE CENTRE
An health social enterprise that offers high quality, affordable and accessible eye care services to the community in the South Western Region of Kenya.
- The 1st Eye Hospital in South Western Kenya
- More than 20,000 patients served and 2,900 spectacles dispensed from corrective eye care shops in first 15 months of operations
- 35,847 total number of Hospital Based & Community Outreach patient visits
- 2,611 total number of surgeries and 5,511 refractive errors corrected
- 144 Community Outreach Eye Mobile Camps
- Start up funding from Fiat Lux Foundation (300,000 USD), Hilton Foundation with Dana Centre and LAICO/Aravind Eye Care System (200,000 USD), Right to Sight Ireland/Norway (36,000 €), Brien Holden Vision Institute (43,000 €) and Eye Foundation (10.000 €).