NUCAFE – NATIONAL UNION OF COFFEE AGRIBUSINESSES AND FARM ENTERPRISES
A sustainable market-driven system of coffee farmer organizations which improves household incomes in 19 districts of Uganda and operates across the entire coffee value chain.
- 188 member associations and cooperatives, 200,021 family owned farms and 1,000,561 individual farmers in 2016;
- 1,252 jobs created along the value chain;
- 577 MTs. of coffee marketed (95% exported);
- Contributed to influence the development of a National Coffee Policy and to improve gender relations among coffee farming households;
- Named Ashoka Fellow and Africa Agricultural Role Model in 2013;
- Named by AGRA “Best African Farmer Organization of 2013” for income diversity;
- Financing received from TRAC, aBi Trust, Agriterra, ITC, CBI;
- Established a farmer owned coffee processing factory and implemented a Farmer Ownership Model selected among the EU’s CTA Top 20 innovations;
- Private Sector Development Award 2015; Uganda Investor of the Year award in 2015 and 2016;
- Agricultural Sector Overall Award in the Regional Interactive Symposium & Recognition Award in 2017;
- Africa Continental Award of the Agricultural Sector 2017;
- Swiss Agency for International Development and Cooperation (SDC) Award for his social impact in 2019.