SSCFA – Sowa Sorghum Cooperative Farmers Association
To empower rural and low income farmers especially Women and Young People through commercialized sorghum farming in Small Bo Chiefdom and Kenema District in Sierra Leone.
- 50 member associations and cooperatives, 500 family owned farms and 5,000 individual farmers formed in 2015
- 200 jobs created along the value chain
- 50,000 kg. of Sorghum marketed to Sierra Leone Brewery Company (50Mts) each year
- Member of the Sierra Leone Sorghum Nucleus Farmers Association
- 250,000,000Le loan package received from the Sierra Leone Brewery Company in 2017 and other financing from Finance Salone through Sorghum Farmers Association.
- Contributed to influence the 2015 Finance act Policy and to improve the local content act in relation to Sierra Leone Brewery and among Sorghum farming households.