VES MAIZE PRODUCTION AND MARKETING ENTERPRISE
A national commercial maize farm in Makeni that cultivates improved and processed maize for Sierra Leoneans poultry farmers.
- Established a farmer owned maize farm with a projected 50 hectares of maize farm land;
- 10,000 kg marketed in August and September 2017 and 30,000 kg to be marketed in December 2017;
- 30 youths engaged in one year of operation in the maize fields along the value chain;
- Contributes in reducing crimes associated with youth unemployment and frustration in the community;
- A registered and certified business with the Ministry of Agriculture Forestry and Food Security (MAFFS) of Sierra Leone;
- Fertilizer aid received from the MAFFS of Sierra Leone;
- Contributed in influencing the formation of Association of Maize farmers/Growers in Bombali District and beyond (formation is in progress in collaboration with MAFFS).