A Kenyan based company that recycles waste plastic into eco-friendly building material and sells the hardware to developers whose problem is high material cost.
- Prevented 700 tons of waste from landfills and made 26,000 posts and over 10.000 roofing tiles in 2 years of operations
- Generated US$ 150,000 revenue since inception
- Built a customer base of 150 clients of which 60% are repeat
- Established a network of 12 CBO’s supplying waste plastic, currently employing 300 youths saved from the streets and trained into micro entrepreneurs
- Listed by Ministry of Housing as an appropriate technology material supplier and received a patent
- Winner of the Sankalp Africa Award 2014