ProAgro – Support to the development of sustainable agribusiness micro enterprises and creation of employment opportunities in disadvantaged areas of Tunisia
The project aims to play a part in the improvement of the living conditions of the rural areas of Tunisia, through the microenterprises’ strengthening in the agro-food sector (milk, vegetable, date, herbs and medicines and olive oil sectors) in Beja, Kasserine, Kebili, Le Kef, Mahdia e Sidi Bouzid governorates. The actions will improve the productive, transformation and commercialization capabilities of the target enterprises, which will be better integrated in the associations of their sectors.
The intervention logic is based on three strands of action:
1) the strengthening of micro-food businesses through technical-management training, assistance for the development of improvement plans and support for access to credit;
2) the training of young graduates and their accompaniment to the start of technical assistance activities for producers, combined with representation activities of companies supplying inputs and technologies, that will allow technicians to generate an income making their business sustainable and helping to spread knowledge and innovation among companies;
3) the strengthening of the market connections between Tunisian and Italian companies, to promote marketing opportunities for Tunisian companies’ products on the Italian market and for Italian inputs and technologies on the Tunisian market.
Within this project, E4Impact will be in charge for the following actions:
- training of local trainers (including sessions of training on the job) transferring knowledge for the development of models, solutions and strategy that respond to local enterprises’ needs;
- development and draft of a handbook for trainers, including cases study and standardized business models.
|THEMATIC AREA:||Agribusiness, MSMEs empowerment|
|PERIOD:||2020-2022 (36 months)|
|DONOR:||Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo - AICS|
|PARTNERS:||ICU - Istituto per la Cooperazione Universitaria (Lead Applicant); WeWorld-GVC Onlus; Dipartimento di Scienze Agrarie e Forestali - DAFNE dell'Università della Tuscia; Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Alimentari per una filiera agro-alimentare Sostenibile - DiSTAS dell'Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore - Sede di Piacenza; Camera Tuniso-Italiana di Commercio e Industria - CTICI.|