TPA (Transformation et Promotion Agroalimentaire) is a cooperative society that processes, packages, and markets white rice in the Far North region market in Cameroon. It transforms paddy rice into marketed white rice under the brands “Logone Riz”, “Nouria” and “IRISA”. Its goal is to improve the economic and social living conditions of the community through the development of the rural agroindustry and by providing a local alternative to the imported Asian rice.
- Rice processing system installed in Yagoua;
- Production of 1000 bags and 100 tons of quality paddy rice per month;
- He closed 2022 with 1 million euro income;
- He exports in Chad and Nigeria;
- Has 10 employees with permanent contract and 40 with a fixed-term contract;
- With his activities he enabled a yield increase from 4 to 6 tons/ha and an improvement of the processing efficiency from 50% to 60%;
- Logone Riz brand is distributed and marketed to consumers and traders like Tropik Industries, Opemarkets, Modern trade, reaching out stores like Carrefour and Spar;
- Winner of the Pierre Castel Award 2021 for being the best agribusiness entrepreneur and of the Youth Excellence Award of MINJEC;
- Winner of the Innovation Award of Africa SME Metting in 2019;
- Winner of the EMPRETEC Award of David McCleland of Harvard University in 2018.